Got the idea to make this soup from my aunt. It was Good Friday a while back, a day of fasting and abstinence from meat. My aunt had a bunch of veggie in her fridge and made a tasty soup out of it. I decided to follow suit a week later and this is what I did. I added some meat though for some extra taste!
- 1.5 lbs of pork bones (I selected to use neck bones for this recipe)
- 2 corn (broken into 4 pieces)
- 1-2 large sized tomatoes (cut into quarters)
- 2-3 small sized potatoes (chopped into cubes)
- 6 sticks of celery (cut into pieces)
- 4 carrots (chopped into cubes)
- 1/2 an onion, sliced
- 3-3.5L of water
- Blanch the pork bones (出水) by doing the following (this will remove the blood and dirt from the bone):
- Place the pork bones into cold water and soak for 3-5 minutes.
- Bring the water to a boil and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Take the pork bones out and rinse it well under cold water.
- Put it aside, it is ready to use.
A refreshing soup for the summer months!